How Will Geofencing In Shreveport Enhance Home Security?
Modern home security options are getting more capable every year. With that being said, you may still forget to complete easy security duties like arming your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
What if you didn’t have to remember doing these things in the future? When utilizing geofencing in Shreveport, you can just drive off to work and have your home security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Shreveport For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary along the sides of your residence, which you are able to arrange in your smartphone app. The technology then uses your mobile device to see when you go past the boundary and then initiates the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components use to communicate with other connected equipment. The technology takes smart home devices further by grouping all elements onto the same network. You can draw a virtual “fence” around your property and program particular actions when you cross the boundary.
For example, shortly after you exit your premises, you can set your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing can notify your system to disarm alarms, elevate the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
Here are a handful of the components you can manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can use your property’s security system in Shreveport. When you download the mobile app, you have the ability to do a lot with smart home automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: set your smart components to activate at the times of your choice. Direct various lights to lower to signal that it's time for bed, or disarm your home’s alarm as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make particular equipment come alive in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat activate the connected fan if the fire alarm trips. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway if your surveillance system notices unusual motion in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that operate in unison. Have your lights turn off, the temperature go down, and the locks activate at the end of the day. Or program the system for movie night with preset light and temperature levels.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to enable your alarm system as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Shreveport
Whether you seek extra certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you leave or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to one of our representatives today at (318) 228-1466 or complete the following form to get started on your perfect security system.