Security cameras can simply be placed as a warning—a sign that tells would-be thieves or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to tighten your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, the latest security cameras come armed with a number of additions all designed to provide all-encompassing protection for your home. Whether it’s recording options and 2-way audio or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detectors, these additions help you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Shreveport.
How To Set Up Your Shreveport Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to upgrading your home security cameras is placing the components in the proper areas around your living space. Interior security cameras should be placed in high traffic spots such as the living room or den. It’s also a smart notion to install a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas thieves would have to move around to get to the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras work best to offer you a clear scene of your patio, driveway, front and patio, shed, and other exterior separated constructions, like sheds. You can always access a view of your front door via a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations around your interior that are less important to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Secrecy for you and your visitors needs to be a primary concern before installing a security device in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you want a measure of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Security Cameras
Component placement is only the foundation for extracting the all you can from home security cameras in Shreveport. The innovations shown below help to elevate security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See automatic notifications on your mobile device the instant unusual activity is sensed. You can also program cameras to automatically start filming when motions are detected which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your security cameras to record and back up clips so you can view them at your convenience.
- 2-way audio: Nearly all of modern security cameras include a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to speak to people via the device. Via your mobile app, you can make it seem you’re home or talk to your kids as they come back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, gives you a more complete view of what where you want to protect. Look for cameras that have at least 120° wide angle lens or that have the ability to pan all the way around for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Double check that your security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will produce video of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more specific, create activity zones. For example, you can configure your exterior camera to notify you of movement happening on your yard or your patio and overlook animals passing or foot traffic.
- App: security app, like ADT Control®, empower you to watch live camera feeds, move cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date texts when the sense something unusual taking place around your house.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Shreveport is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way talk, your security system rises from merely a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (318) 228-1466 or submit the form below to begin personalizing your home security system today.