What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Shreveport
You know you must safeguard your home. Above all else, it offers shelter for your loved ones and is where you store your valuables. But what is the best type of home secuirty? Determining if you should use round-the-clock monitoring is one of the chief choices you need to make. Examine the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Shreveport and get a better sense of what’s ideal for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose round-the-clock monitoring, your home security system links to an external monitoring team that is prepared to offer assistance at any moment. Whenever an entrypoint sensor trips or a smoke detector begins beeping, your monitoring professionals are issued a prompt alert. They quickly go to work to verify the alarm and dispatch the applicable emergency services.
Conversely, an unmonitored system doesn’t have professional support. You might think of this to be self-monitoring, which means that if your system is tripped, you must act to resolve it. This choice is the cheaper route, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Shreveport
Here’s a quick look at the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a support system at the ready is always wise. If you are on vacation, not awake, or without access to your smartphone, your home and those inside will still be watched over.
- Faster response: Monitoring specialists are always ready. They’ll react quicker to alarms than you can alone.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security may qualify you for a price cut on your home insurance premium.
- Top-of-the-line components and flawless integration: By getting tools, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security expert, you will get access to a fully integrated system with devices that may be of a higher quality than what you will come across on your own.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will pay a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Typically required to get your system installed professionally: Numerous people would rather have the install taken care of by experienced technicians, but some do-it-yourselfers might object.
- Must sign a contract: You will usually be required to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This will be satisfactory for many as home security is something you will want long term.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Shreveport
Here’s a quick rundown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Self-installation: Some might think of this as a benefit as they can install the system themselves and avoid an installation fee. Other residents might wish to use an experienced technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You may incorporate devices when you desire - and from any manufacturer. With that being said, you could find incorporating into a seamless system more complex.
- Control: You won’t have a third party monitoring your alarms. If an emergency unfolds, you’re in control of getting help.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you don’t have your smartphone and don’t see a security warning? This scenario will lead to added stress and less peace of mind.
- Calls for your full attention: Since you are the sole person in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Connecting the system is up to you: If you want help during an installation, you might have to pay for someone else. The installation process is also likely to take more time.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Shreveport
Stay protected at all times with a monitored home security system in Shreveport from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored home defense system is the ideal choice for you. Dial (318) 228-1466 today to customize your package.