Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Shreveport?
Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Shreveport? As a general rule, you have three major regions of your property for video surveillance: your principal entryway, the exterior space around your home, and select interior spaces. Even though your installation team will be able to recommend where you should install, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Make Sure To Defend Your Front Door
Even though it may seem crazy that an intruder would attempt to just walk in primary entrance, 34% of invasions occur at this passageway. You also have package thieves among other dangers to deal with. A doorbell camera is perfect to manage all of these worries with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Video doorbells are extra useful as you are able to speak with people who approach and ring the bell. By using your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you can reply to all engagements with two-way communications and live video and appear to be at home. Then if a person does try to do something nefarious, you will have your camera automatically document the event on video and deliver it to your cell phone through a text.
Cover The Most Area With Your External Cameras
Determining where to place home security cameras around your property is a more challenging task. Fortunately, there are some useful tips to help ensure your home is safeguarded appropriately.
- Corners of your Shreveport house allow for a better sightline, seeing two parts of your property.
- Just below an overhang or into a length of trim or siding are excellent options for cameras as they will be partly concealed by blending into your gutterline.
- On top of your garage, since the garage door is an easier entryway for invaders than you might believe!
- Overlooking a back porch or back door -- or any entryway that can’t be seen from the road.
For each installation, make sure you prune any overgrown plants or trees that may block the camera’s view.
Recommendations For Getting The Most From Your Indoor Surveillance
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras within your home in Shreveport. However, the added adaptability means you have additional aspects to think about:
- Windows and Sunlight: Even though you should ensure your windows are down and latched, the sunshine through a window might cause glare and affect your camera’s video feed. Point the front of your camera away from any direct views of windows to avoid this.
- Use Your Height Advantage: Similar to an observation deck, a video camera located in a higher spot will have a wider field of vision. Consider putting your cameras above bookshelves or attached to the ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your camera won’t be able to safeguard your home if it’s damaged or destroyed. Install your indoor units where kids and your furry friends can’t tamper with them. Consider mounting or another means of attaching them to make sure they don’t crash to the ground if inadvertently knocked into.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The top surveillance system won’t help you much if you have a decorative item or plant obstructing the field of vision. On the other hand, potted plants and other decor items also have the ability to hide your security equipment. Just ensure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and security devices, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the right package for your whole house -- safeguarding all areas. Simply contact (318) 228-1466 or fill out the form on this page to arrange a consultation.